22 October, 2006

Look East

I've spent the weekend visiting an old friend who now lives in Cleethorpes.

Despite the long trek on the train, there was something instantly reassuring about being back in the north of England. Indeed, when I was changing connections at Doncaster station, I could immediately tell I was in a different part of the country thanks to the way people walked, what they wore, how they spoke and even the speed at which they went about their business.

My mate's flat overlooked the Humber Estuary, commanding the kind of views normally associated with seaside retirement homes and guest houses. Luckily the sun was shining when I strolled the few dozen yards down onto the beach to take a few photos.








































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home