31 July, 2006

Achilles heel

I really don't know what's going on. I've hurt my right foot somehow, to the extent that I can barely put any pressure on it and have resorted to walking about the place like I have a wooden limb.

Worse, the effort of not exerting any strain down my right leg has resulted in me developing a strain in my left knee, which too limits my ability to move around in anything approaching a normal fashion.

I'm only 30 years old, yet I feel like I might as well be 70. Earlier on I found myself stumbling painfully slowly across the room to pick up the phone, shouting "don't hang up, don't hang up - I'm coming!"

Maybe this is ordinary. Maybe your body starts winding down when you least expect it. I know I strained my back earlier this year from simply climbing up a step. One step. It's laughable, were the laughing not of a kind that hurts me even more.

I really don't know what's going on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home